Posted by Dec 21, 2021 in Blogon
Here at Freeway Auto Body, we’ve been helping Edmontonians deal with collisions and auto body damage for more than 50 years. Car accidents are stressful, but your auto body repair doesn’t have to be.
If you are involved in a car accident, a lot of things will be going through your mind. First, and most importantly make sure everyone is safe. Call 911 if anyone is seriously injured or if you suspect anyone involved might be guilty of a criminal offence such as impaired driving.
Once you’ve assured everyone is safe, the Government of Alberta has the following recommendations:
- Do not voluntarily assume liability, take responsibility, or sign statements regarding fault.
- Do not pay, or promise to pay, for damages at the scene of the collision.
- Do not agree to forget about the collision.
- Do not accept money or discuss any settlement.
- If the total damage to all vehicles and property appears to be more than $2,000 you are required to go to a police station, file a Collision Report, and obtain a damage sticker.
Once you’re ready to get your vehicle repaired, remember you have the legal right to choose the auto body shop you want to use to repair your vehicle. Regardless of what your insurance company might tell you. Insurance companies have contracts with large chains, and that might make it easier for the insurance company but doesn’t benefit you. In fact, it could cost you time and affect the level of service and quality of repairs you receive.
Edmontonians have trusted our local owned and operated auto body shop since 1969. We’re proud to offer:
If you’re involved in a collision this winter, remember our friendly staff is here to make the auto body repair process quick and easy. And you’ll love the way your vehicle looks, but don’t take our word for it, we have the reviews to prove it.